Sunday, August 19, 2012

   Writing is something I have found has always came easy to me, I've never really had to try, or work at it, but it has always interested me. No matter what sort of writing I've had to do, whether academic or personal, I usually find myself enjoying writing whatever is assigned. I won't lie to you, in a lot of cases I don't wait until the very end, but I find it easier to enable my creativeness in writing when I'm at home, or at least by myself and not in a class full of students in the lab. I feel like my strength in writing is that I really try to connect with whomever I am writing to, or my audience. I want them to picture a scene or some sort of picture in their head just as I am doing the same while writing it. I always think everything through in my head, having my thoughts be a step in front of my fingers as I type whatever it is I am writing. Then when I get on a roll, everything just becomes second nature for me and I really enjoy myself. I do feel like obviously starting a piece of writing is a weakness of mine. I just never can seem to find a certain way on how to put my piece together at the beginning, usually taking me a vast amount of time to figure out my plan. But overall I feel like writing as a whole is a strength of mine, and is something I am pursuing to improve and hopefully further on in college and afterwards.

     To be honest I do not know any questions I have about he portfolio assignment. I think it sounds like something that I won't really fret about. Obviously not having a semester final is something that caught my eye about the assignment. Writing is one of my favorite things to do, so any writing assignments will not bother me at all. As to any units I am excited about, I have heard a ton about Huck Finn and that unit from the class ahead of us, so that is something I am anxious about. But really I don't know if you can say I am excited for any particular unit, but more of the general chance to better my writing. That's what I am most excited for. As you were talking about the class and how writing would be so prevalent in class, I was one of the few students not wetting their pants at the time. It's something that excites me and something that makes me want to strive to be better.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand how you might feel more inspired at your own room/environment. I'm very much the same way. It's probably why I'm not always super productive during my free periods when not teaching, ha. As far as starting an essay/piece of writing, I can sympathize as well. One thing that we'll try and work on throughout the year is pre-writing and thinking out what we want to discuss before we actually do. That is usually an important first step in developing a good piece of writing and getting past the writer's block that might occur.

    Glad to hear that you're so excited about writing! Hopefully we'll be getting lots of chances to do so!

    ReplyDelete